Re: RDFa and Microformats

Martin McEvoy wrote:

>> Hello.
>>
>> Manu Sporny wrote:
>>
>> [....]
>>> Here are the premises that I've seen you assert that are in error:
>>>
>> I will answer this first.
>>> - Microformats have a generic parsing model
>>>
>> They do its analogous to hcard  see:
>> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-parsing
>> combined with a few design patterns see:
>> http://microformats.org/wiki/Main_Page#Design_Patterns
>>
>> why am I telling you this Manu?
>>
> Actually I take it back it not a parsing model as such more a set of
> principles that microformats design follows, this leads to a generic
> parsing model for anyone who wants to parse microformats, almost all
> Draft Microformats make a standard note on this
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar#Semantic_XHTML_Design_Principles

Are you suggesting that there are generic Microformat parsers out there
that can usefully consume microformat markup for as-yet-unauthored
Microformats, so long as the syntax matches the general design patterns
and principles outlined in the Microformats Wiki?

What software is available right now that uses this generic parsing
model? Can you suggest a method by which we could test whether the
parsing model used is actually generic, rather than bound to a specific
fixed set of microformats? Such software could be incredibly handy in
integrating RDF and Microformat data, so thanks for any pointers.

cheers,

Dan

--
http://danbri.org/