Re: life after REC [external mechanism to add implicit triples]

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:12:31 -0400
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

At 11:24 AM 10/27/2008 +0100, Steven Pemberton wrote:
>5. Use of an external mechanism to add implicit rdfa, rather than having
>to add explicit attributes:
>
>        <dl class="familytree">
>        <dt>Steven Pemberton</dt>
>        <dd><dl>
>                <dt>Astrid Kerssens</dt>
>                <dd><dl>
>                        <dt>Julian Pemberton-Kerssens</dt>
>                        <dd></dd>
>                        <dt>Lucien Pemberton-Kerssens</dt>
>                        <dd></dd>
>                    </dl>
>                </dd>
>            </dl>
>        </dd>
>        </dl>
>
>I would like to generate triples including
>
>        "Steven Pemberton" genealogy:partner    "Astrid Kerssens"
>        "Steven Pemberton" genealogy:parent     "Julian Pemberton-Kerssens"
>        etc.

GRDDL is exactly suited to this example, no?

a) the structure in your example is concise
b) the structure in your example could be used for a wide variety of relationships
c) it may be unwise for RDFa V.n to pick a single semantics for nested lists

So, you write (or reuse someone else's) custom [GRDDL] transform
for this particular markup style.