W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > October 2008

New RDFa test case: handling xml entities

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 16:31:57 +0200
Message-ID: <48EF675D.4000305@w3.org>
To: RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com>
I got an interesting bug report on pyRdfa from Peter Mika earlier this
week, and I thought this would be worth a separate test case for RDFa in
general. In short, the question is what happens if the original RDFa
source includes an &lt;, for example...

I attach the xhtml file and the sparql file that contains what, we
(Peter and I) believe, is the correct output. The interesting point,
that is usually not relevant for our tests, is how the RDF/XML output
looks like which, we believe, should contain entities. I send you the
output graph in RDF/XML to make it clear what I mean.

Note that we also discovered that the W3C RDF validator is erroneous in
this respect:-(

Cheers

Ivan

-- 

Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
PGP Key: http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html
FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf

ASK WHERE { 
<http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/x.xhtml>
   <http://www.example.com/#ent> "<string>" ;
   <http://www.example.com/#ent2> "Ben & Co." .
}

Received on Friday, 10 October 2008 14:32:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 10 October 2008 14:32:24 GMT