Re: RDFa in SKOS Reference

From: Sean Bechhofer <sean.bechhofer@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:54:07 +0000
Cc: "SWD Working SWD" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: "Ed Summers" <ehs@pobox.com>

On 20 Nov 2008, at 13:38, Ed Summers wrote:

> (cross-posting to public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf)
>
> Hi Sean:
>
> I ran your RDFa-ized version of the SKOS Reference through the RDFa
> validator and it seemed to cough on the use of the 'name' attribute on
> one of the <a> elements [1].
>
> Validating with xmllint produces a whole slew of these 'name'
> attribute errors. But interestingly it is silent about the use of the
> 'name' attribute in anchor tags in the previous XHTML version.
>
> If you happen to have xmllint installed you can see this by comparing
> the output of validating the XHTML version:
>
>   xmllint --noout --valid http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-
> reference-20080829/
>
> with the RDFa version:
>
>   xmllint --noout --valid http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/
> reference/20081001/
>
> I started to wonder if the referenced RDFa DTD [3] is missing a
> definition for the 'name' attribute on the <a> element...but my DTD
> skills are at an all time low. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
> here...or xmlint isn't all that it's cracked up to be. But xmllint and
> the w3c validator seem to basically be in agreement.
>
> //Ed

Hmmm. No idea I'm afraid! I just took the existing doc, changed the
DTD and added some markup. The name attributes were there in the
original and didn't seem to cause problems, so I suspect this may be
something up with the DTD. And my DTD skillz are pretty minimal too....

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer
School of Computer Science