Re: RDFa Last Call Comment: Better name than 'instanceof' is needed

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:17:53 +0000
To: "Daniel E. Renfer" <duck@kronkltd.net>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hi Daniel,

>  If you want to say that this <div> has a (rdf:)type of foaf:Person, then
>  just say typeof="foaf:Person".

You are a boy genius. :)

I've stayed out of this debate because I'm also on the XForms Working
Group, and although I disagree with John that there is come kind of
confusion (I think people can keep the two concepts 'instance' and
'instanceof' separate pretty easily), I don't see any reason why we
shouldn't change @instanceof if a better alternative is found.

It's just that so far, none of the suggestions have really worked.

Until now....

So if this issue gets to a vote, I'd be happy with @typeof.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
  http://www.x-port.net | http://internet-apps.blogspot.com

  x-port.net Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, number 03730711
  The registered office is at:

    2nd Floor
    Titchfield House
    69-85 Tabernacle Street