Re: RDFa Last Call Comment: Better name than 'instanceof' is needed

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:47:01 -0700
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
CC: Micah Dubinko <mdubinko@yahoo-inc.com>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

John Boyer wrote:

> But could you explain why the spelling "instanceof" is mandatory?

You mean why we chose @instanceof specifically? We went through a long
(and public) discussion about this. @rdftype was brought up and
rejected. Ideally, we would have used @type, but that was taken. And our
previous overloading of @class made a few people quite upset.

I didn't meant to ignore your comment, by the way, I only meant to wait
until the task force members express an opinion on the Thursday call. I
responded to Micah's comment because I could do that immediately without
consulting the group.

We'll chat about it on Thursday and get back to you.