Re: RDFa wiki

Ben Adida wrote:
> Manu Sporny wrote:
>> While the word 'recipes' is well understood by technical types, the
>> community wiki needs to be accessible by the general public.
>
> Well, but only HTML authors will write RDFa, right?

:) - touche.

> I see "cookbook" and "recipes" a lot, especially when it's
> about specific use cases.

I updated the front page to include the term "recipes", "cookbooks", and
"guides". They're all valid, depends on where you're coming from. We
can't go wrong by grouping all of them into the same category:

http://rdfa.info/wiki/RDFa_Wiki

>> The tutorial section should be broken down by Vocabulary
>
> I'm not so sure. We're not microformats, we can mix and match
> vocabularies. In fact, that's a *really* important part of RDFa. So,
> while we can have some vocabulary-specific examples, I question the idea
> that we should structure the tutorials along hard vocabulary lines.
>
> How about, instead, specific use cases: "linking to your friends",
> "publishing an event", "publishing your contact information",
> "publishing your music." Etc...

Good point - that's much more accessible than having things broken down
by vocabulary. I'd venture to guess that we'll end up doing both. Having
references for vocabularies and having use cases.

That's the beauty of a wiki - we don't have to decide on a single
approach to this stuff. If somebody thinks the information would be
better organized in another way, they just create another page and go at it.

> Let's get out of the microformat mindset of vocabulary silos :)

But Ben, I like my world in black-and-white - shades of gray and color
just make things that much more complicated. How I long for the days
where computers existed in a LAN-only environment. Just look at the mess
the Web has made of things - if TimBL would've just kept his mouth shut
we wouldn't be spending so much time on all this semantics and
vocabulary nonsense. Distributed development and innovation is for
suckers. =P

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny