RE: geo location tutorial cut

Tim, Shane,

Yes, indeed, the idea of introducing some kind of coercion seems sensible. However, I guess I'd rather go for something people are used already on the Web. Imagine a customer entering 'Jul 3 20008' into a date field. What will happen is that a client-side validation routine will flag that input error and tell the user that the expected input format is YYYY-MM-DD (and subsequently propose kinda 'did you mean 2008-07-03?').

In our case - assuming the Semantic Web stuff is exposed directly to end-users - we'll likely do a SPARQL ASK to ensure the provided resource is of type foaf:Person (which we in turn know from the schema). Otherwise we might be able to propose suitable targets to the end-user by using Semantic Web search engines and indexers or performing a look-up at e.g. DBpedia (see also faviki [1]).

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://www.faviki.com/

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.