Re: meeting record: 2008-06-05 RDF-in-XHTML task force

From: Micah Dubinko <Micah.Dubinko@marklogic.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:08:51 -0700
To: "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

>    ... XSLT implementations will have two problems: whitespace
>    preservation and inclusion of namespaces in XML literals
>    ... Micah thinks this will be a black mark against RDFa if it
>    requires whitespace preservation

Thanks everyone for your consideration of my comments. To clarify the record
a teeny bit, I don't think whitespace preservation per se is a "black mark"
against RDFa.

My personal opinion is that if it's not possible to implement a 100%
conforming RDFa processor in XSLT 1.0, that's bad (a "black mark" even) :-)

If it is possible to implement a 100% conforming RDFa processor in XSLT 1.0,
that's good. I don't have a strong opinion on how to get there, just that we
do.

-m