W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > July 2008

meeting record: 2008-07-31 RDFa telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:55:23 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20080731135315.056e6008@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

The record [1] of today's RDF-in-XHTML Task Force telecon is
now available for review.  Thanks to Michael for scribing.

  [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html

A text snapshot follows:

----

                        RDF in XHTML Task Force

31 Jul 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jul/0116.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2008-07-24

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Michael Hausenblas, Ralph Swick, Ben Adida, Shane McCarron,
          Mark Birbeck

   Regrets
   Chair
          Manu

   Scribe
          Michael

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Action Items
         2. Implementation Report update
         3. RDFa parsers and absolute URIs
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________

   ACTION: Ben to contact Ed and Diego about new editors drafts coming
   down the pipe. [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]

   Ben: Guus pointed out what kind of review is needed, don't expect
   much trouble

Action Items

   ACTION: Ben to log all CR issues to tracker [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01

   ACTION: Ben to tease out the more involved aspects of ISSUE-122
   [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action19] [DONE]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action19

   ACTION: Ben to update Primer according to resolution, and add note
   about "it was designed to eventually work in HTML, etc..." [recorded
   in [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
   [CONTINUES]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20

   ACTION: Jeremy to add TQ's contribution for impl report to wiki
   [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action11] [DONE]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

   -> "[15]Wlki action" [29]

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jul/0104.html
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08

   ACTION: Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once the NS URI
   is set up. [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07

   ACTION: Manu to start a wiki page for HTML4/5 [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21]
   [CONTINUES]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21

   ACTION: Ralph to make [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt happen
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05]
   [CONTINUES]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05

   ACTION: Shane to update XHTML ns document to point to new XSLT URI
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
   [CONTINUES]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06

   ACTION: Ben to talk to Alan about CR ISSUE-122 [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
   [CONTINUES]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15

   ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [CONTINUES]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03

   ACTION: Manu: Start Best Practices Section on the rdfa.info wiki
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]
   [CONTINUES]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16

   ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07

   ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki [recorded
   in [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   -> [27]RDFa-for-microformats-users

     [27] http://rdfa.info/wiki/RDFa-for-microformats-users

   ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend
   [28]http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq)
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [28] http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08

   -> [30]rss-feed-with-rdfa

     [30] http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/07/rss-feed-with-rdfa.html

   Michael: partly done, not yet put into the Wiki

   ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [CONTINUES]

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

   ACTION: Shane respond to commentor for ISSUE-121 [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action06

   (by Mark ;)

   ACTION: Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

Implementation Report update

   Michael: The main sorry is that the implementation report depends on
   the test cases.
   ... we shouldn't extend the test cases.
   ... so if we're going to do it, we should do it very quickly.

   Manu: That could throw a wrench in the works.

   Michael: Yes, it could.
   ... I'm not against new test cases, but we might have to wait for a
   test case to be reviewed.

   ShaneM: It would also require everybody to to rerun their
   implementations.

   Ralph: We should work out a mechanism to say what is for this
   version of RDFa.

   Michael: Which set of test cases should I use?

   PROPOSE: Freeze the test cases as of today for the implementation
   report.

   <Ralph> +1

   <msporny> +1

   <mhausenblas> +1

   RESOLUTION: Freeze the test cases as of today for the implementation
   report.

   Michael: That's everything I need for the implementation report,
   should have it done by tomorrow.

   Manu: Anything else you need?

   Michael: Just editorial changes.

   Manu: Javascript implementations as well?

   Michael: Yes.
   ... There's other stuff like Shark and Top Quadrant, but they're not
   at the core of what we need to prove for PR.
   ... We already have all the info we need in the Implementation
   Report.

   ACTION: Michael to complete implementation report and send out
   notification to all working groups. [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]

RDFa parsers and absolute URIs

   -> "[35]RDFa test suite addition" [28]

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jul/0096.html
     [28] http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials

   Manu: As Mark pointed out, pretty clear

   Mark: When everybody is happy, wording is fine ...

   Manu: After RDFa IR is done the according TC will be added

   -> "[36]Re: RDFa test suite addition" [31]

     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jul/0117.html
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

   <msporny> PROPOSE: Add text to RDFa Syntax document, section 5.4.2,
   making it clear that CURIE and URI relative URI resolution use the
   same method.

   <msporny> > > Section 5.4.2, "Converting a CURIE to a URI" describes
   the following algorithm:

   <msporny> We will probably want to clarify this section with
   something to this effect:

   <msporny> "... relative URIs will need to be resolved relative to
   the base URI,

   <msporny> using the algorithm defined in section 5 of RFC 3986
   [URI], Reference

   <msporny> Resolution."

   ACTION: Mark to update RDFa Syntax document, section 5.4.2 to be
   explicit about which algorithm is used to resolve relative URIs.
   [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action21]

   ACTION: Manu to create test cases for testing relative URI
   resolution (href/CURIEs/etc). [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action22]

   <msporny> [39]uri-vs-resource-ambiguity-problem

     [39] http://rdfa.info/wiki/uri-vs-resource-ambiguity-problem

   -> "[40]RE: RDFa test suite addition" [31]

     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jul/0114.html
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

   Shane: How will we deal with the editorial changes?

   Manu: Need to ensure to respond to Alans points

   Shane: Mark, Ralph, have you read the comments?

   ACTION: Ralph to work with Ben on proposing specific editorial
   changes to RDFa Syntax document based on ISSUE-122. [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action23]

   Manu: Overview on editorial changes?

   Shane: There are two: ISSUE-121 and relative URIs
   ... that's all since CR

   Manu: May need to check if there are others during the last calls
   ... Wrap-up ... Michael to complete RDFa IR, all to check Syntax
   Document

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ben to contact Ed and Diego about new editors drafts
   coming down the pipe. [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Manu to create test cases for testing relative URI
   resolution (href/CURIEs/etc). [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action22]
   [NEW] ACTION: Mark to update RDFa Syntax document, section 5.4.2 to
   be explicit about which algorithm is used to resolve relative URIs.
   [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action21]
   [NEW] ACTION: Michael to complete implementation report and send out
   notification to all working groups. [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to work with Ben on proposing specific editorial
   changes to RDFa Syntax document based on ISSUE-122. [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action23]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to log all CR issues to tracker [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to talk to Alan about CR ISSUE-122 [recorded
   in [48]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to update Primer according to resolution, and
   add note about "it was designed to eventually work in HTML, etc..."
   [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once
   the NS URI is set up. [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to start a wiki page for HTML4/5 [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu: Start Best Practices Section on the
   rdfa.info wiki [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning
   [recorded in
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
   [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend
   [57]http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq)
   [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to make
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt happen recorded in
   [61]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Shane to update XHTML ns document to point to new
   XSLT URI [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in
   [63]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]

     [47] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [57] http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   [DONE] ACTION: Ben to tease out the more involved aspects of
   ISSUE-122 [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action19]
   [DONE] ACTION: Jeremy to add TQ's contribution for impl report to
   wiki [recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [DONE] ACTION: Shane respond to commentor for ISSUE-121 [recorded in
   [66]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]

     [64] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action19
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action06

   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [67]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([68]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/07/31 17:53:10 $

     [67] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [68] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 31 July 2008 17:56:15 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 31 July 2008 17:56:16 GMT