Re: RDFa test suite addition

From: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:04:16 +0100
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>

On 29 Jul 2008, at 18:32, Shane McCarron wrote:

> I get what you are saying here... but you scared me with
> something.  What is Cognition learning about a "namespace" in the
> context of RDFa?  It should not be learning anything?  There are no
> namespaces in RDFa.  There are prefix values and suffixes.  And the
> concatenation of these creates URIs (IRIs) that, when dereferenced,
> could mean something.  In my opinion Cognition could be learning
> about those URIs... but the prefix value is meaningless.  Hell, the
> prefix value could be "http".  It could be "h".  It would be
> completely legitimate.

As I said, it's not so much a problem with the RDFa parsing, but any
subsequent RDF/XML output.

Say, for example, we have the following RDFa:

This will be parsed as the following triple:

If the parser then is to output to RDF/XML, the result will be
something like:

But won't know what to choose for 'XXX' or 'YYY'. I suppose it could
figure out YYY by finding the last slash or hash sign in the
predicate, then choose a random string to use for the prefix XXX, but
the results are unlikely to be pretty.

Toby A Inkster