Re: RDFa in HTML 4

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:38:36 -0500
To: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
CC: "'olivier Thereaux'" <ot@w3.org>, "'Karl Dubost'" <karl@w3.org>, "'Manu Sporny'" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, "'RDFa Developers'" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> It seems to be that the HTML4+RDFa doc type is useful only if the validator can be hacked as suggested.

Sure - or if we define some alternate mechanism for mapping prefixes in
the non-XML HTML4 dialect.  Such an alternate mapping is anticipated by
the CURIE specification.  I don't know what the right answer is here.
Just that it is a problem we need to solve, and solve quickly to speed
adoption of RDFa across environments.