Re: Extending hCard with RDFa

From: Martin McEvoy <info@weborganics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:18:51 +0100
To: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Cc: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hello Ben, Toby
On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 17:44 -0700, Ben Adida wrote:

> Now if the @profile support for microformats could be standardized to
> use that @id you added as the subject, that would round out the
> triple
> generation quite nicely...

I have done quite a lot of work trying to do just as you say (my
exploration of this lead me to RDFa), but in a "microformat" type way it
relies on the microformats item, type, @id, value and ". [dot]" which is
used with value to say "here" or "this"

The vocabulary is verbose but I am having lots of success generating RDF
triples using GRDDL. You can find a development demo with some examples
but not much of an explanation yet (sorry) so you will have to look at
the source

http://weborganics.co.uk/hRDF/

hRDF is just exploratory and not a proposed new microformat just seeing
how it goes ;)

comments are welcome.

Thanks

--