Re: RDFa Primer comment

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:51:54 -0700
Cc: "public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf.w3.org" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>

On 16 Jul 2008, at 06:21, Shane McCarron wrote:

> This is a global comment - if you need more specifics I can do that
> but I hope this will be good enough.  The Primer talks about HTML.
> That's very very bad.  We don't define anything for HTML.
> Anywhere.  Misleading people into thinking they can annotate their
> HTML 4 documents with RDFa is not good for 2 reasons.

They can; it is not misleading.

(I am not trying to grind an axe here ... merely reporting that, for
example, both Jena's support and TopQuadrant's support for RDFa
starts off by applying tidy to the input which means that HTML 4 docs
get converted into XHTML and everything works at a practical level -
it might not be chapter and verse conformant, but it is practically
useful)

Jeremy