Re: RDF vocabulary best practices question...

From: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:56:17 +0100
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Manu Sporny wrote:

> Is adding synonyms into your vocabulary a valid best practice? For
> example, is having audio:title specified as owl:sameAs dc:title
> acceptable?

I'd also consider using:

	audio:title rdfs:subPropertyOf dc:title, rdfs:label .

Which implies that if a query tool is looking for a dc:title, but
can't find one then it may use an audio:title instead. (But not vice
versa.) On a property-by-property basis you should consider which of
owl:sameAs or rdfs:subPropertyOf is more appropriate.

I'm at the beginning of implementing hAudio support in Cognition.
(And the first stage of supporting any microformat in Cognition is a
mapping to RDF!) I'd be interested in hearing on your progress on
this vocabulary - if not on this list or the microformats lists, then
off-list.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>