W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > July 2008

meeting record: 2008-07-10 RDFa TF telecon

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:16:12 +0200
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D29852017A1D20@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, <public-swd-wg@w3.org>


All,

The minutes of today's RDFa telecon are ready for review at [1]. 

RESOLUTION: to make small editorial change in response to ISSUE-121 as
per Mark's email response to Florian.

Summary of Action Items:

[NEW] ACTION: Ben to talk to Allan about CR ISSUE-122 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeremy to write up TQ's contribution for impl report and
wiki [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: Manu to write up current issues with information resource
vs. actual resource with regard to Audio RDF vocabulary. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend
http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to make ISSUE-121 editorial change and report back
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben followup with Fabien on getting his RDFa GRDDL
transform transferred to W3C [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to follow up with Elias on JavaScript test harness
+ EARL [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
[PENDING] ACTION: Manu write haudio examples for wiki [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Steven migrate VEVENT examples to rdfa.info wiki
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]


Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html

Text snapshot follows:

________________________________________________________________________

RDF-in-XHTML TF 2008-07-10

10 Jul 2008

Agenda [2]

See also: IRC log [3], previous 2008-07-03 [4]

[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jul/0008.
html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-irc
[4] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html

Attendees

Present
    Shane McCarron, Michael Hausenblas, Steven Pemberton, Jeremy
Carroll, Manu Sporny, Ben Adida
Regrets
    Ralph Swick, Mark Birbeck
Chair
    Ben
Scribe
    Michael

Contents

    * Topics
         1. Action Items
         2. CR Comments
         3. Implementation Report
    * Summary of Action Items

 
<msporny> heeey, it's Jeremy!

<scribe> ScribeNick: mhausenblas

Action Items

http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#ActionSummary

<scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Ben to follow up with Elias on JavaScript test
harness + EARL [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action13] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]

<ShaneM> working onit

<scribe> -- continues

<scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Steven migrate VEVENT examples to rdfa.info wiki
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
[CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ben followup with Fabien on getting his RDFa
GRDDL transform transferred to W3C [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-rdfa-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Manu write haudio examples for wiki [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action06] [CONTINUES]

Manu: Would be good to chat with people about how to design the
vocabulary

<benadida> MichaelH: in general, you don't get it right the first time
you design a vocab, give it a shot.

JeremyCarroll: Many of our customers want bigger ontologies; think of
computational costs
... owl:sameAs is expensive
... make it easier for tools by not expecting inferencing

<Steven> My action is done

<Steven> http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials#vEvent

<scribe> ACTION: [NEW] Steven migrate VEVENT examples to rdfa.info wiki
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
[DONE]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Manu write the perl code for Slashdot
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
[CONTINUES]

Ben: In future versions RDFa may support sequences as well, worth
considering for example in RSS

JeremyCarroll: Shall we write up some examples for RSS?

Michael: see for example http://riese.joanneum.at/updates/

http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials

<scribe> ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend
http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
[CONTINUES]

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa
Wiki [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12] [CONTINUES]

http://rdfa.info/wiki/RDFa-for-microformats-users

<scribe> ACTION: [PENDING] Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11] [CONTINUES]

Ben: next week I wont be around

... Manu ok to chair?

Manu: Yes

<Steven> Me regrets for 3 weeks

Michael: Next two telecons regrets as well
CR Comments

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/products/2

Ben: First comment by Florian

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/121

Ben: I'm ok to clarify and reply

Shane: Just an editorial change - will check
... should mark as resolved

<benadida> PROPOSE: to make small editorial change in response to
ISSUE-121 as per Mark's email response to Florian.

+1

<msporny> +1

RESOLUTION: to make small editorial change in response to ISSUE-121 as
per Mark's email response to Florian.

<benadida> ACTION: Shane to make ISSUE-121 editorial change and report
back [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]

ISSUE-122 by Alan

Alan's comments

Ben: Needs some clarification, but no show-stoppers

Manu: re 'Here there is a question of what "referring" to means.'
... we need to state what we mean

<msporny> crap, lost my VoIP connection

Shane: There might be a risk in clarifying
... what @about is refering to

Ben: Try to catch Alan in Boston and talk with him about this

JeremyCarroll: Pragmatic view is needed here; the abstract one's don't
help

Steven: At XTech I saw the semantic search engine's problem with wrong
inference

Ben: Steven, saw your proposal re new non-HTTP URI scheme

Steven: but bNodes workaround is fine

<JeremyCarroll> http://larry.masinter.net/duri.html - for steven's
attention

Ben: Manu, can you write-up your issues with it?

Manu: yep

<msporny> ACTION: Manu to write up current issues with information
resource vs. actual resource with regard to Audio RDF vocabulary.
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]

Michael: I generally advocate the usage of HTTP URIs.

<benadida> ACTION: Ben to talk to Allan about CR ISSUE-122 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
Implementation Report

RDFa Implementation Report

Ben: re Ajax EARL generator

<Zakim> JeremyCarroll, you wanted to ask about TQ's contribution

JeremyCarroll: We at TopQuadrant have an RDFa editor
... we could report on that

Michael: Could you add it to http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tools ?

JeremyCarroll: Reading is out-sourced
... suspect Fabien's XSLT

<benadida> ACTION: Jeremy to write up TQ's contribution for impl report
and wiki [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]

[adjourned]

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to talk to Allan about CR ISSUE-122 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeremy to write up TQ's contribution for impl report and
wiki [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]
[NEW] ACTION: Manu to write up current issues with information resource
vs. actual resource with regard to Audio RDF vocabulary. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend
http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to make ISSUE-121 editorial change and report back
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
 
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben followup with Fabien on getting his RDFa GRDDL
transform transferred to W3C [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to follow up with Elias on JavaScript test harness
+ EARL [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
[PENDING] ACTION: Manu write haudio examples for wiki [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
[PENDING] ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
 
[DONE] ACTION: Steven migrate VEVENT examples to rdfa.info wiki
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
 
[End of minutes]


________________________________________________________________________


----------------------------------------------------------
 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
 JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

 <office>
   phone: +43-316-876-1193 (fax:-1191)   
  mobile: +43-699-1876-1165
  e-mail: michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at
   skype: mhausenblas
     web: http://www.joanneum.at/iis/ 

 <see also>
          http://sw-app.org/about.html 
          http://webofdata.info
----------------------------------------------------------
Received on Thursday, 10 July 2008 19:16:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 10 July 2008 19:16:54 GMT