Re: Section 1 of the New RDFa Syntax Draft ready for reviews

Sigh...:-(

As an alternative...

This document, as a Rec, defines an XHTML1 variant, ie, is based on
XHTML1. I am not sure it would be appropriate to discuss non XHTML1
issues *within the document* (let alone the fact that this would slow
down the progress of the document on Rec path).

What about planning for a separate WG Note instead that would give
information on how these attributes can be used in a non-XHTML1 setting.
Such an informative note would be of a great value... (I know that we
were playing of defining the attributes without any reference to any
host language; that note would be somewhere between the two).

I guess the issue about HTML5 is the question of extensibility, ie, of
validation. (And I do not think there is a clear view on that in the
HTML group either.) *If* this issue is put aside, the RDFa specification
could be used with (well, invalid) HTML5 documents when using HTML5's
XML serialization. There is nothing, as far as I can see, in the process
description of the RDFa attributes that would be dependent on a
particular HTML in XML version, it just describes things in terms of a
DOM tree operation. I am not sure about the non-XML HTML5, simply
because I lack the necessary knowledge on how this is handled with no
DOM tree around...

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks

Ivan