Re: Further changes to URI and CURIE processing description

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
>> Hm. I have not thought of @name at all! But my recollection was that we
>> would leave @name out of the RDFa picture altogether, so I am not sure
>> what you refer to when you say "@name we;ll have to do what I've done
>> with @rel/@rev".
>
> Well, the reason we devised @property was because we couldn't
> generalise @name in the same way that we did with @rel and @rev. So
> that gives us two issues. The first is whether this should generate a
> triple or not:

> I think it would be very odd for it not to, and don't recall us ever
> saying that @name should be ignored. In fact I think the view was
> usually that @name is the same as @property, which raises the second
> issue...why bother? In other words, should this generate a triple:

Well... I do not remember the exact reasons, but I am sure at some point
it was decided to completely ignore @name, I just do not remember why. I
know it was decided because in the first implementation I had it was one
of my 'preprocessing' steps, and I had to comment it out! (It is still
there, easy to revive:-)

Ivan