Re: capturing reserved keywords in @rel

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:39:20 -0800
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
CC: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Shane McCarron wrote:

> huh?  What does "no resolution" mean?

It means they're ignored. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what
the problem is with ignoring values.

We, including Mark, were willing to ignore prefix-less values in @class
a few months ago. What's different about this here?

In the proposal we *almost* agreed to (but didn't, and that's a good
thing because I think it would be a deal-breaker for Creative Commons),
Mark said the following:

"We could certainly say that at this time we don't know how to deal with
legacy values, and for now these values are completely ignored." [1]

If it was doable then, why can't it be done now?

Then, all we'd need is a pre-processing step that adds the prefix for a
set of reserved values, and we're done.

What's so hard about ignoring?

-Ben

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Oct/0187