Re: RDFa test case #1 missing @profile?

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:14:18 +0000
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi Dan,

> Well, the spec says there is some obligation:
>

>    "There SHOULD be a @profile attribute on the head element that includes
>    the value http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab."
>      -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-rdfa-syntax-20080221
>

> > but I guess it could be proposed that the test suite should
>  > include it.
>

> the spec already says it should.

No...the spec says it SHOULD.

Since no-one is obligated to use the @profile value, then insisting
that the test suite makes use of it is not about conformance, but
about best practice. I don't have a problem with it as a good
practice, and as I say, the group could vote on whether the test suite
should use that best practice. But that's not the same as saying that
the test suite is non-conformant in some way, since it's perfectly
conformant.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
  http://www.x-port.net | http://internet-apps.blogspot.com

  x-port.net Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, number 03730711
  The registered office is at:

    2nd Floor
    Titchfield House
    69-85 Tabernacle Street