Re: RDFa test case #1 missing @profile?

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:32:02 -0800
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Mark Birbeck wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> There's no obligation to include the @profile value in a document that
>> uses RDFa,
>
> Well, the spec says there is some obligation:

There's agreement on the RDFa team that we meant this to be encouraged,
not obligated. If we used the wrong terminology for this, then it's a
bug in how we're using the terminology, not an agreement that this be an
obligation. I know we've clearly stated that before on the mailing list
and specifically in my response to Sean [1] that the entire Working
Group saw, so let's not play word games :)

-Ben

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0024.html