A note on CURIE-s in tutorials, primers, examples...

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:17:21 +0100
To: W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
I have spent some time in the past few days in adding RDFa to various
files, and I have realized that one of the recurring mistakes I did was
the protected curie vs URI-s. Ie, if I type in, say, a @resource value,
I'd put in a CURIE and I'd regularly forget to put the CURIE into a '['
and ']' pair. Fortunately, my implementation has a flag to generate
warnings, and one of the warnings I added was when a value is not
protected, but does not begin with the usual 'http:', 'mailto:', etc. It
turned out to be very useful....

The reason I say all that: it is probably worth emphasizing this several
times in the various documents. Of course, it is mentioned in, say, the
CURIE processing session in the syntax document, but maybe more emphasis
would be helpful... And we should probably draw attention on this in
tutorials and other places where we present RDFa...

Of course, it may be only me...

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/