Re: extra comments on test cases

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:32:28 +0100
To: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
CC: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Ben Adida wrote:

> 88: I'm not sure about this one: I thought that about="[_:]" would
> generate a *new* bnode since it's not named, thus yielding two bnodes
> here, since it's used twice.
>
> <http://www.example.org/#somebody>
>    foaf:knows [a foaf:Person], [foaf:name "Dan Brickely"] .
>
> If you used about="[_:a]" both times, meaning you actually gave it the
> same bnode identifier, then yes that would mean one bnode in my mind.
> Thoughts?

Well... that has been a discussion between Mark and me. Mark can make
the argument better than I can... but I think the argument says that if
you do not have a local name, then a CURIE means, essentially, the
prefix part. That is why it is the same BNode.

My argument was a bit different, namely that the CURIE spec is 'mapped'
against the usage of BNode anyway, in the sense that we give an extra
interpretation to what _:XXX means (ie, that it is a BNode), so we have
the freedom to define what _: means.

Either way: this must be decided. So it _is_ a good test:-) because it
forces us to make a decision in one way or the other:-)

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/