Problematic test cases in the RDFa test suite

From: Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 22:49:28 +0100
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Cc: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Dear all,

  while adding RDFa support to the XML->RDF extractor library Krextor
(http://kwarc.info/projects/krextor/), I experienced some problems:

Isn't there a way to rewrite the queries for the test cases 0042, 0086, and
0107?  In an automated setting these tests will, of course, fail on a correct
implementation, as a parser should not actually generate any triples.
Wouldn't it make sense to query for "?a ?b ?c" instead and check whether none
of them is bound?

Then, my implementation fails on TC 0114.  It is XSLT-based and I'm running
Saxon, so I complained to Michael Kay, the developer of Saxon.  He said that
Saxon has a different understanding of resolving URIs
(http://saxon.markmail.org/message/pi6offaosgxgbfw7?q=rfc), as it implements
RFC 2396 instead of 3986 -- both of which is allows for XQuery and XPath
implementations.  Therefore, you may want to add a note to this test case.

Cheers,

Christoph