W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > August 2008

meeting record: 2008-08-14 RDFa telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:20:12 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20080814121714.027c6850@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

The record [1] of today's RDF-in-XHTML Task Force telecon is
available for review.  Thanks to Manu for scribing.

  [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html

A text snapshot follows.

----

                        RDF-in-XHTML Task Force

14 Aug 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Aug/0053.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2008-08-07

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-rdfa-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Manu Sporny, Michael Hausenblas, Ben Adida, Ralph Swick,
          Steven Pemberton, Shane McCarron

   Regrets
          Mark Birbeck

   Chair
          Ben Adida

   Scribe
          Manu Sporny

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Action Items
         2. Implementation Report
         3. ISSUE-122
         4. ISSUE-125
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________


   <mhausenblas> I got a bit of a scheduling issue here today ... can
   only stay around till half-past, latest. sorry ...

   <ShaneM> "know of know" ?

   <Ralph> oops

   <Ralph> finger-brain glitch

   <Ralph> "know of no" of course

   <mhausenblas> [11]http://torrez.us/code/rdfa-js/tests/

     [11] http://torrez.us/code/rdfa-js/tests/

Action Items

   Michael: Is the RDFa test harness ready for client-side stuff?

   benadida: It's not entirely correct for negative tests.
   ... If they overestimate how good the parser is, it wouldn't be
   good.

   Michael: I can integrate it on Monday.

   benadida: That would be a good goal.
   ... Let's talk about IR, wrapping up ISSUE-122 and ISSUE-125
   ... any other outstanding issues?

   ACTION: Michael check tests 52 and 53 with Manu [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [WITHDRAWN]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-rdfa-minutes.html#action01

   Michael: I talked about this with Fabien.
   ... [13]Fabien clarified that he was looking at the manifest comment
   not at the spec

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Aug/0030.html

   ACTION: Michael to update Test Suite Manifest to correct tests 52
   and 53 descriptions. [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html#action02]

   ACTION: Ben to contact Ed and Diego about new editors drafts coming
   down the pipe. [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action01

   ACTION: Manu to create test cases for testing relative URI
   resolution (href/CURIEs/etc). [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action22]
   [CONTINUES]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action22

   ACTION: Mark to update RDFa Syntax document, section 5.4.2 to be
   explicit about which algorithm is used to resolve relative URIs.
   [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action21] [DONE]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action21

   ACTION: Michael to complete implementation report and send out
   notification to all working groups. [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
   [CONTINUES]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action20

   ACTION: Ralph to work with Ben on proposing specific editorial
   changes to RDFa Syntax document based on ISSUE-122. [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action23] [DONE]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action23

   ACTION: Ben to log all CR issues to tracker [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01] [DONE]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01

   ACTION: Ben to talk to Alan about CR ISSUE-122 [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
   [WITHDRAWN]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15

   Ralph: Do you want to talk to him before or after PR?

   benadida: After should be fine.

   Ralph: Then we should drop this?

   benadida: yep,

   <mhausenblas> +1

   ACTION: Ben to update Primer according to resolution, and add note
   about "it was designed to eventually work in HTML, etc..." [recorded
   in [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
   [DONE]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20

   ACTION: Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once the NS URI
   is set up. [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07

   ACTION: Shane to start a wiki page for HTML4/5 [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21]
   [CONTINUES]

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21

   reassigned from Manu to Shane

   ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [CONTINUES]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03

   ACTION: Manu: Start Best Practices Section on the rdfa.info wiki
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]
   [CONTINUES]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16

   ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [CONTINUES]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07

   ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki [recorded
   in [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend
   [30]http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq)
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [CONTINUES]

     [30] http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08

   <mhausenblas> [32]http://sw.joanneum.at/rdfa/rss/

     [32] http://sw.joanneum.at/rdfa/rss/

   ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [CONTINUES]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

   ACTION: Ralph to make [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt happen
   [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05]
   [CONTINUES]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05

   ACTION: Shane to update XHTML ns document to point to new XSLT URI
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
   [CONTINUES]

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06

   ACTION: Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

Implementation Report

   benadida: Are you missing stuff from me, Michael?
   ... Do you have the link for SPREAD?
   ... anything else you need?

   Michael: Would be good if somebody could go through the entire
   document.
   ... If somebody wanted to fill out section 4 more, that would be
   good.

   <mhausenblas>
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/

   benadida: I need to fix up the EARL report.
   ... for the client side stuff.
   ... client side (Javascript) RDFa parsers.

   Michael: I just need the client side Javascript EARL reports.

   ShaneM: What's happening monday?

   Michael: We promised to have Implementation Report to SWD by
   Tuesday, Aug. 19th.

   ShaneM: So, are we preparing a PR draft for Tuesday?

   benadida: As far as content goes, yes, that is the goal.
   ... Is that an issue or a blocker with that?

   ShaneM: No, just that the PR document has a different status
   section.

   Ralph: The internal editors draft is fine.
   ... We'll change the status section when both workgroups want to
   move the document forward to PR.

   benadida: Yes.

   Michael: Anything else?

   benadida: Nope, I'll get the Javascript implementation EARL reports
   to you.

   Ralph: You're okay with Test 31? Canonicalization not required?

   Michael: Yes.

   Michael: There's [39]the link explaining it.

     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Aug/0056.html

   <ShaneM> can you confirm the imp report will be at
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report

   <mhausenblas> yes, Shane I confirm it hereby

   [Michael departs]

ISSUE-122

   benadida: Ralph, you had a lot of suggestions and they all sounded
   great.

   benadida: Shane pointed out that one of them was a "maybe".

   Ralph: In the latest editors draft

   <Ralph> [41]current editor's draft

     [41] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-rdfa-syntax-20080812/

   <Ralph> [42]ED-rdfa-syntax-20080812/#s_rdfaindetail

     [42] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-rdfa-syntax-20080812/#s_rdfaindetail

   <Ralph> [43]ED-rdfa-syntax-20080812/#sec_5.5.

     [43] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-rdfa-syntax-20080812/#sec_5.5.

   Ralph: Where the @@@ is
   ... That's not where it should be.

   Ralph: I asked if adding the parethesis helped at all?
   ... I think they definitely don't help in section 5.5.
   ... Don't think it hurts in section 6.

   benadida: It's good to have because it's precise.
   ... That seemed to be the only point of contention.
   ... But that looks good.

   Manu: No comments.

   Steven: No comments.

   <Steven> No comments

   benadida: So the change at the end of section 2 looks good to me.
   ... CreativeCommons is recommending rel="license" instead of
   rel="cc:license"

   Ralph: Only one example of it, let's change it.

   benadida: We should respond to ISSUE-122 with Ralph's proposed draft
   tweaked with what we've discussed.

   Ralph: I can update it based on what we discussed and send it out.

   <benadida> ACTION: Ben and Manu to test implementations on step 9
   (no child nodes with @property) [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html#action23]

   benadida: I think the wording is correct, so that looks good for the
   change to step 9.

   Manu: That looks correct.

   <benadida> PROPOSE: to respond to ISSUE-122 with Ralph's draft,
   tweaked with today's conclusions regarding moving comment to Section
   6, tweaking the last example in Section 2, and confirming the step 9
   no child nodes situation.

   <Ralph> +1

   <Manu> +1

   <Steven> +1

   ShaneM: +1

   ACTION: Ralph to send note to Alan regarding ISSUE-122 resolution
   [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html#action24]

   RESOLUTION: Ralph to respond to ISSUE-122 with Ralph's draft,
   tweaked with today's conclusions regarding moving comment to Section
   6, tweaking the last example in Section 2, and confirming the step 9
   no child nodes situation.

ISSUE-125

   benadida: This has to do with us mentioning @name in the syntax
   document. It doesn't appear anywhere else in the document.

   Ralph: Yes.

   ShaneM: Yes.

   Ralph: It is a "dinosaur bone".

   <benadida> PROPOSE: remove @name from section 2.1 of syntax, as it
   has no impact on output of RDFa parser.

   <Manu> +1

   <Ralph> +1

   <Steven> +1

   <ShaneM> +1

   RESOLUTION: remove @name from section 2.1 of syntax, as it has no
   impact on output of RDFa parser.

   <Ralph> Champagne time! All Issues Closed

   ACTION: Shane to respond to ISSUE-125 on mailing list [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html#action25]

   benadida: I believe that is everything, any other issues for PR or
   anything else?

   <ShaneM> [47]ED-rdfa-syntax-20080814/

     [47] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-rdfa-syntax-20080814/

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ben and Manu to test implementations on step 9 (no
   child nodes with @property) [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html#action23]
   [NEW] ACTION: Michael to update Test Suite Manifest to correct tests
   52 and 53 descriptions. [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to send note to Alan regarding ISSUE-122
   resolution [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html#action24]
   [NEW] ACTION: Shane to respond to ISSUE-125 on mailing list
   [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/14-rdfa-minutes.html#action25]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to contact Ed and Diego about new editors
   drafts coming down the pipe. [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once
   the NS URI is set up. [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to create test cases for testing relative URI
   resolution (href/CURIEs/etc). [recorded in
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action22]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu: Start Best Practices Section on the
   rdfa.info wiki [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning
   [recorded in
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to complete implementation report and send
   out notification to all working groups. [recorded in
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
   [recorded in
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend
   [61]http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq)
   [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [63]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph to make
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt happen recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Shane to start a wiki page for HTML4/5 [recorded
   in [66]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Shane to update XHTML ns document to point to new
   XSLT URI [recorded in
   [67]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in
   [68]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]

     [52] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action01
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action22
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-rdfa-minutes.html#action16
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action20
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [61] http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action08
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/rdfa-xslt
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action05
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action21
     [67] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action06
     [68] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   [DONE] ACTION: Ben to log all CR issues to tracker [recorded in
   [69]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ben to update Primer according to resolution, and add
   note about "it was designed to eventually work in HTML, etc..."
   [recorded in
   [70]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20]
   [DONE] ACTION: Mark to update RDFa Syntax document, section 5.4.2 to
   be explicit about which algorithm is used to resolve relative URIs.
   [recorded in
   [71]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action21]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ralph to work with Ben on proposing specific
   editorial changes to RDFa Syntax document based on ISSUE-122.
   [recorded in
   [72]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action23]

     [69] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action01
     [70] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-rdfa-minutes.html#action20
     [71] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action21
     [72] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-rdfa-minutes.html#action23

   [WITHDRAWN] ACTION: Ben to talk to Alan about CR ISSUE-122 [recorded
   in [73]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
   [WITHDRAWN] ACTION: Michael check tests 52 and 53 with Manu
   [recorded in
   [74]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]

     [73] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html#action15
     [74] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/07-rdfa-minutes.html#action01

   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [75]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([76]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/08/14 16:19:04 $

     [75] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [76] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 14 August 2008 16:21:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:50:29 UTC