Re: Help with test case 105 and 106

On 8/3/08 9:39 PM, "Ben Adida" <ben@adida.net> wrote:

> Micah Dubinko wrote:
>> My parser is picking up the blank node as expected, but also separately
>> completing the triple based on @href. Why is this wrong?
>
> What is the second triple you are getting, exactly?

The @href completing the triple, for

<> <dc:creator>
<http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/ben.html>

> The right interpretation is that the *presence* and *value* of @rel play
> different roles. Specifically, the *presence* of @rel is what completes
> the hanging triple, while its *value* determines the next triple. So
> rel="foobar" will still complete a parent triple, but since its value is
> not a CURIE, it doesn't create a second one.

Thanks, this is helpful. I'm with you up to this point. The next question is
why doesn't the @href complete the triple?

If the inner @rel was gone, like this:

There definitely would remain a triple
<> <dc:creator> <...absolutized.../ben.html>
(right? I think tests #79, 85 show this)

So why is in incorrect to generate this triple given the initial input, with
an inner @rel that doesn't resolve to a valid CURIE?
(Inquiring minds want to know!)

Thanks, -m