Re: Reviewing Last Call RDFa

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 09:13:49 -0500
To: Johannes Koch <koch@w3development.de>
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org, timbl@w3.org

Johannes Koch wrote:

> Shane McCarron schrieb:
>>
>> However, the w3c validator ignores xmlns attribute declarations -
>> thereby avoiding the issue.
>
> It is debatable whether this is a feature or a bug :-| Other XML
> validating software does not.
Understood.  It is a feature.  I know 'cause I implemented it.

>>  It is ALSO possible to declare the additional ATTLIST values in your
>> internal subset, should you actually care.
>
> Yes. If this is the way to go it should be described in one of the
> documents (primer?).
It is described in an XHTML M12N document - since this is really an
XHTML issue.  However, it is definitely NOT the way to go.  Its a pain
in the butt and not really worth doing.  It is an error for an XML
validator to throw an error when seeing an @xmlns declaration.  The
problem is that the DTD technology in use (nsgmls and descendants) are
SGML tools that have been hacked to death to make them swallow XML.  At
least, that's my opinion.