Re: adding RDFa to HTML of a conference schedule

Bob DuCharme wrote:

> I'm adding some RDFa markup to a web page showing a conference schedule
> and wanted to hear any opinions on the general model I'm using.

Perfect, we'll want that in the Recipes wiki page :)

I don't know how much that @about buys you, really. You could just keep
it as a bnode. You could make the URL in

the description, using rel="cal:description" (depends on cal:
vocabulary, but it seems okay to me.)

> I used the URL of the talks' description, which the original HTML links
> to, as the talk's identity, and each talk has values for cal:dtstart,
> cal:dtend, cal:location, cal:description, and dc:creator properties.

Technically, dc:creator should point to a node, not a literal, which may
be a good thing actually because of your next requirement:

> If the speaker's company name had a link to their homepage, I could call
> it a foaf:workplaceHomePage property,

So how about:

        Frank Jones
     <a rel="foaf:worksplaceHomePage" href="...">
        homepage
     </a>.

which includes a nice little bit of chaining?

-Ben