Re: Updated Editor's Draft of rdfa-syntax

Ben Adida wrote:
> Ivan Herman wrote:
>> Well... I still have to check what exactly this 'CSS' approach says
>> about the literals. At the moment, I just copy verbatim what is in the
>> original text.
>
> That's just about making sure that things can be implemented client
> side: browser DOMs handle white space in interestingly useful ways, and
> we just want to be compliant with that approach. So many spaces = one
> space, that sort of things.
>
> e.g.

>    Foo
>
> will yield " Foo " as the literal.

That is a bit vague, though:-(. I try to define it by

- adjacent whitespaces are collapsed into one space character
- leading and ending whitespace are removed (ie, the response would be
"Foo" in your example)

anything else??

_However_: I wonder whether this is the right thing to do for XML
Literals. I still think that copying the XML literal verbatim might be
the best option...

>> And, of course, I am anxiously waiting for the
>> @instanceof finalization, to get that done, too...:-)
>
> working on it...

:-)

I.