Re: Why is there no RDFa syntax working draft?

Dan Brickley wrote:

> Please publish the draft so I can criticise it!
>
> I'm uncomfortable with literal value inspection as the notation for
> indicating type. It makes round-tripping hard. I could have a load of
> data, all of which in my source database used XMLLiteral as a type, even
> if only some of the values (currently) had markup in them. I can
> reasonably compose SPARQL queries that pull out these as XMLLiterals. If
> I push that data out into RDFa, my literals will sometimes end up
> XMLLiteral, and sometimes plain Literal, in the process perhaps
> acquiring language tags from the HTML context. When parsed back into a
> database, I'm left with significantly mangled data.

Dan,

this was a long discussion, and fairly passionate one... the precise
process we have now is at:

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa/LiteralObject

which reflects the consensus we reached after, as I said, long
discussions. I think the only additional information missing from that
figure is that @datatype="" yields a plain literal.

I would be interested what would be your alternative...