Re: title element, meta, h1 and rdfa

Hi Karl,

Not wishing to merge all our discussions into one... :) But I think
part of the solution is to use rdfs:label. In some of our other
discussions there seemed to be some notion that there should be only
one label, but that is not how rdfs:label is defined; it merely says
that the value is a 'human readable' representation of the resource,
and there can be any number of them, in any number of languages.

That's not the same for dc:title though. So I would say that authors
should try to have only *one* dc:title--i.e., the one and only 'title'
of the document--but they could have a liberal sprinkling of other
'labels' if they wanted.

The examples I gave before using web-based newspaper articles show the
differences between a title and a label.

(I know that doesn't solve the problem at the level of the processor,
but instead suggests that the author will have to decide which is the
'real' title, but I'm not sure there is another way around this.)

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232

  standards. innovation.