Re: hAudio RDFa music blog demo for SWD F2F

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> I have a problem...
>
> It is impossible to extract rdf from your document because of the
> Invalid markup
> http://validator.w3.org/check?ss=1&verbose=1&uri=http%
> 3A//wiki.digitalbazaar.com/demos/scissorkick/scissorkick.html
>
> Failed validation, 587 Errors
>
> I realize that you may have NOT coded this page but wow thats a lot of
> errors I would say that your pages MUST validate in order to
> successfully extract RDF via GRDDL, The Distiller and Via Fabien's
> RDFa2RDFXML style-sheet

Hi Martin :)

Unfortunately, I don't think it would be a good idea to change the
Scissorkick web page... it is a real-world example, including validation
errors. Like it or not, this is how the real-world operates and if the
tools that we provide can't operate on pages with validation errors,
there will be a big problem with adoption of those tools.

The Scissorkick example works in the modified version of
Firefox+Operator that we provided. While I agree with you in spirit,
getting the rest of the world to generate valid XHTML has been an uphill
battle and we should not count on that happening.

> Also hAudio Microformat is not yet complete, do you think that hAudio
> RDFa may be a little premature?

This outlines one of the benefits of the RDFa approach -
fast/independent/distributed creation of vocabularies. Due to the
painfully slow nature of the Microformats Process, the hAudio RDFa
specification is now more useful than the hAudio Microformat
specification. Hopefully we can work to bring the hAudio Microformat up
to date in the next couple of weeks.

Both formats will be kept in line with one another, but the Microformats
community is making it difficult to keep them in sync. The truth is that
hAudio RDFa and hAudio uF are feeding off of each other - concepts
created in the uF community have been re-used successfully in hAudio
RDFa and vice-versa. Both formats are evolving because of work done in
other communities... yes, it might be a bit premature to use hAudio
RDFa, but we must start somewhere... otherwise how do we know what works
and what doesn't? :)

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny