Re: RDFa RFE: No Mandated DOCTYPE

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:54:05 +0000
To: "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

On Nov 26, 2007 2:43 AM, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org> wrote:

> would the following be a solution for you?

>        xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
>        version="xhtml11 rdfa svg">

In what specification would the interpretation of the @version values
be given? Would they be extensible by users other than the W3C? I'm
not sure they'd need to be extensible, admittedly.

It's been suggested to me that you meant for @version to be a hook for
namespace GRDDL to dispatch off of; is that something that you thought
about?

This *would* solve the RDFa discovery problem for me, but I'm not sure
how well it would work as a discovery mechanism in general, especially
given the extensibility question and so on. From what Mark and Shane
have said, it sounds like they're only considering @profile at the
moment.

See also http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#standardizedFieldValues-51

--