Re: [Fwd: ISSUE-63: White-Space Canonicalization of XML Literals]

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:19:03 -0500
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Ivan Herman wrote:
> Ben Adida wrote:
>> "Where possible, an RDFa parser should preserve the exact white space
>> and characters of the XML Literal. However, it is also acceptable for an
>> RDFa parser to apply browser-based canonicalization."

+1, although I'd argue that what IE is doing right now is not
"acceptable" :)

I spent some time (3 hours) trying to find an ActiveX approach that
would work in IE, but unfortunately, nothing surfaced.

>> I suppose this makes writing test cases problematic... I suspect we
>> should write the tests to preserve white space and characters

+1

One could always write an IE plug-in to implement the RDFa parser... or
we could talk to the IE folks to see if they have any suggestions on how
to make this work in IE.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny