Blank nodes & classes

From: CÚdric Mesnage <cedric.mesnage@lu.unisi.ch>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 21:01:53 +0200
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Hi all,

I have a question regarding blank nodes in RDFa, I don't know if the
issue has been raised already and I apologize if it has. In the RDFa
Primer I saw that you can create unnamed blank nodes using the 'rel'
attribute as in the example:

<dl class="foaf:Person" about="#card" id="card">
  <dd rel="foaf:address">
span><br />

This works for predicates layered in an instance definition, do you
plan having a similar principle for classes? I'd like to have:

	some things about the person

to be considered as a blank node, currently in RDFa On Rails(http://
rdfa.rubyforge.org/) I generate blank node names this way:

	some things about the person

incrementing the number through the page generation, but this is
ugly. The other solution is that I can just forbidden the use of
classes if no uri or explicit blank node name is given.

Hope this does make some sense and look forward to get you point of

Best Regards!
CÚdric Mesnage
PhD Student