Re: Dumb Question

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:57:56 -0700
To: Elias Torres <elias@torrez.us>
CC: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Elias Torres wrote:
> If I have a default xmlns declaration xmlns="http://xhtml" as opposed to
> xmlns:xhtml="http://xhtml", how do we emulate default prefix in RDFa?

RDFa follows the normal XMLNS rules.

> Meaning if I have a property <span rel="foo"> does it resolve to the
> default prefix or to the current page? Is there such a thing as <span
> rel=":foo">

So far, rel="foo" does nothing, because it's not prefixed, and we've
gotten too much pushback on generating spurious triples (though I should
note that this issue is not resolved, IIRC.) So RDFa triggers only on
actively prefixed attribute values.

It sounds like a good idea to have rel=":foo" trigger the default XMLNS.

-Ben