Re: Validating with additional namespaces

From: Yoshio Fukushige <fukushige.yoshio@jp.panasonic.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:22:14 +0900
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: fukushige.yoshio@jp.panasonic.com, public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Dear Shane McCarron,

Thank you providing a useful validator for XHTML+RDFa.

I'm a researcher at Matsushita Electric Industrial, and
being interested in RDFa, I'm writing some pages by myself these days.
So your validator is very helpful.

However, I got "non SGML character" errors for every
non-asci (Japanese) characters in the file (encoded in utf-8, of course).

The following is a stupid minimum example, including no RDFa markups,
that caused 26 such errors.

Do I miss something?

Being not sure if I should post this to the W3C Bug Tracking Service,
for this may not be an official service, I post here.
(Please forgive me if this is not the right place)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="my-css.css" type="text/css"/>
# "みなさんこんにちは" means "Hello, World" in Japanese.

Yoshio Fukuhsige

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:56:15 -0500
Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:

> As per my action item, I have implemented a small change to the W3C
> validation engine that will permit validation of documents even when
> those documents declare additional xmlns:whatever attributes.  I have
> submitted a patch to the validation group, and will work with them to
> encourage its adoption.
> In the meantime, I have put up an instance with the patch applied at
> http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/validator - please feel free to use this
> instance to valdiate your test cases.
> --
> Shane P. McCarron                          Phone: +1 763 786-8160 x120
> Managing Director                            Fax: +1 763 786-8180
> ApTest Minnesota                            Inet: shane@aptest.com

Yoshio Fukushige <fukushige.yoshio@jp.panasonic.com>
Network Development Center,
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.