Re: [RDFa] rdf:XMLLiteral (was RE: Missing issue on the list: identification of RDFa content)

On 16/03/2007 16:01, Ben Adida wrote:
> The current proposal for plain literals is:
>
> <title property="dc:title" datatype="plain">RDF or Bust</title>
>
> That said, this issue has not been fully resolved, so debate at will :)

My preference is for plain literals to simply be the default. i.e.

<title property="dc:title">RDF or Bust</title>

should represent

<> dc:title "RDF or Bust" .

and additionally

<title property="dc:title" xml:lang="en-GB">RDF or Bust</title>

should represent

<> dc:title "RDF or Bust"@en-GB .

If explicit typing is required then the author should include a datatype
attribute. The value of the literal should be identical to the
string-value as defined in XPath:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#dt-string-value

Yes, that doesn't cater for the <sup>2</sup> argument, but the author is
presumably in control of their markup and can add the appropriate
datatype attribute. They understand their content much better than we
ever will.

Ian
--
http://purl.org/NET/iand