Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-3 @class and @role for rdf:type

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> I'm not sure I agree. Sure we've done talks, but the main source of
> information for people, going forward, will be the primer and our
> various specs.

Mark,

I need to be a bit of a stickler here, because we all talked about this
in our May 31st conference call after all the May talks, and we agreed
that we couldn't make RDFa a moving target:

http://www.w3.org/2007/05/31-rdfa-minutes.html

Removing the meaning of @class would make RDFa very much a moving
target, and, no matter how technically beautiful an alternate solution
is, we would lose a significant chunk of folks who are beginning to
depend on the syntax.

In other words, I think our "last chance" to change this particular,
central RDFa issue has passed.

-Ben