Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-29: mime type of RDFa document

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:32:30 -0700
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Given support from Ivan, DanC, Mark, and Shane, I PROPOSE that we
RESOLVE ISSUE-29 as:

"the MIME type of an RDFa document is whatever the
MIME type of the host document is. In the case of XHTML1.1+RDFa,
application/xhtml+xml. If/when RDFa becomes a valid extension for other
versions of HTML, then it will take on whatever MIME type they accept."

I note Dan Brickley's point about how the MIME type influences the type
of resource indicated by fragment identifiers. However, as Ivan points
out, it is unlikely that this note can influence the decision on this
particular issue.

If I don't hear any opposition to this resolution on this specific issue
by Friday, end of day Hawaii time, I will consider this issue resolved
accordingly.