Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-2: custom attributes for RDF shorthand

From: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 02:27:54 +0200
To: "Ben Adida" <ben@adida.net>
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, "SWD WG" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

I agree not to implement it (at all for now). Spontaneously, it seems
to break down the level of abstraction that RDFa is based on and
disrupt the consistency, which would make it harder to learn.

Basically I think the arbitrariness of the value type of the object is
a problem (though I suppose it's based on the RDF/XML equivalent, i.e.
Literals). Also, (qname) attributes should probably not signify
special meaning in and of themselves, unless they belong to a
namespace of special meaning. So I suspect this shorthand is something
of a can of worms. (Though one way of control could be e.g. some
@shorthand-prefixes="dc foaf" attribute directive, but that also
departs from simplicity..)

So in short: no (at least for RDFa 1.0).

Best regards,
Niklas