Re: Determination of subjects/objects (was: ISSUE-42)

Niklas has already touched upon the problem of @id, and I was also a bit
surprised to see it in the list. I there is a genuine danger that an
'id' used for something not really  RDF-ish (eg, if I want to have a
table of content for my document, I will have to add 'id'-s to some
elements, but this may have no relevance to any generated RDF).

However... I presume it is true that a change in the current 'RDF
identity' as an effect of an @id happens _only if there is an RDFa
related attribute on that element_, ie, if there is an @rel, @property,
etc, around. Other than that, the current RDF identity remains intact
while going down the XML tree. Is that so? If yes, than an @id appearing
on one of the elements in the tree may not have any effect. Is that
correct? With that additional rule, the usage of @id may not be that
dangerous after all.

Having said that, I wonder whether it is not simpler to remove @id from
that algorithm altogether. It may be a little bit more convoluted for
the user but certainly safer.

Ivan