Re: extracting data from child elements

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 07:09:24 -0700
To: Brian Suda <brian.suda@gmail.com>
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Brian Suda wrote:
>> In our current resolution, it would yield "rian".
>
> --- do you have a link to that resolution and any discussion

So, two things: first a pointer to the issue and discussion:

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/25

Second, a clarification, because I had some kind of tunnel vision when I
wrote my last email and was thinking only about the plain literal case.

In your example (assuming RDFa attributes, of course), the parsing would
yield the chunk HTML as an XMLLiteral. To get the stripping of content,
you need to use datatype="". When there is no markup, then it's a plain
literal automatically.