Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-42: the @src attribute

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:01:49 +0100
To: "Ben Adida" <ben@adida.net>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hi Ben,

> Now, what happens if we say:
>
> <a about="s" rel="p" href="o" instanceof="t">
>   foo
> </a>
>
> I think the same thing should happen, meaning instanceof applies to the
> @href when it's present.

I agree. It seems that in general, @instanceof takes as its subject
the 'current' object, and if there isn't one, one is created (as a
bnode). This means that:

doesn't make a statement about the document, but about a bnode on the
before, the ability to create typed bnodes without having to do lots
of mark-up.

Working 'upwards', it also means that mark-up like this falls out quite nicely:

to mean that there is a relationship of 'foaf:knows' between the
nearest ancestor subject, and the bnode, which is itself of type
'foaf:Person'.

...all of which I think we've said before...I'm writing it down as
much for my own benefit as anyone else's. :)

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer