Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-3 @class and @role for rdf:type

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:26:38 +0200
To: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, "Ben Adida" <ben@adida.net>
Cc: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:37:13 +0200, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> I agree with the general direction of your thoughts. @role is being
> discussed by the XHTML group to be included into some future releases of
> XHTML (I do not want to go into the debate of which version number this
> will have:-). We should _not_ use that attribute and bring it forward,
> so to say, to XHML1.1. I is not our role (sic!).
>
> Formally, and to close the issue: I vote for @class as described.

I think that your argumentation doesn't count here Ivan.

We are 'bringing forward' several things, by creating an XHTML 1.1+RDFa.
What attributes we use are independent. @about is new too, but essential,
@role is already implemented in Firefox, and we can add it to the mix if
we want.

Don't muddy the waters please :-)