Re: Comments on the latest snapshot of the primer (2007-02-27)

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:32:10 +0100
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>, W3C SW Deployment WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Rereading the comments, one possible issue:

Ivan Herman wrote:

> Section 5.1, second example: shouldn't there be an id="card" on the dl
> element? If so, that is repeated below in several examples.

This is, actually, a question for the specification. The last portion of
the primer says

"if the element on which the rel is added has an id or an about, then
the value of that attribute becomes the name of the node, and all
triples are appropriately updated. about takes precedence over id, since
it is an explicit RDFa statement."

which means that, strictly speaking, the id="card" may not be necessary
on the example specfication-wise. But because this is a primer, I think
it is still better to add it there.

Ivan