action progress: test suite hosting

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:49:39 -0500
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

ACTION: Ralph to check if the test suite can be hosted at the W3C--is Tomcat available? [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]

I asked this question of our systems team.

The answer is that we don't run any public services on Tomcat
but we do support a mostly-equivalent servlet environment
based on jigsaw [1]. "Mostly-equivalent" means that servlets
that rely on Tomcat-specific functions will be a problem but
generic servlets run just fine.

There's a procedural issue with providing write access to
our services and therefore my recommendation is that test
suite development (continue to) be hosted off-site with
the expectation that we can deploy it on www.w3.org
when stable releases are declared.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/