[RDFa] rdf:XMLLiteral (was RE: Missing issue on the list: identification of RDFa content)

Ivan, All,

Indeed we did not resolve the XMLLiteral issue aka the default
data type issue), yet.

The rather good news: There is an issue in Tracker, now [1].
The bad one: We still have to decide what we want/need ;)

Current status:

 + We are talking about section '5.1.1.1 XML Literals' in [2]
 + Mark has put together a comprehensive list of options we have [3]

Regarding this issue I have made the following observation
that I'd like to discuss with you:

Referring to [4], the XML Content within an RDF Graph is
quite unambiguously defined. The definition says:

'RDF provides for XML content as a possible literal value.
 This typically originates from the use of rdf:parseType="Literal"
 in the RDF/XML Syntax. Such content is indicated in an RDF graph
 using a typed literal whose data type is a special built-in data type
 rdf:XMLLiteral, defined as follows ...'

amongst other things, the definition contains

'a lexical space that is the set of all strings which are
 well-balanced, self-contained XML content [5]'

Taking the following fragment as an example input

 <h1 property="dc:title">
  E = mc<sup>2</sup>: The Most Urgent Problem of Our Time
 </h1>

I would assert that this does not conform to the definition
of a well-balanced, self-contained XML content as of [5] due
to the fact that the content of the <div> does not start with
an element.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
	Michael