Re: [RDFa] issues meta/link outside of head and browsers implementation

Karl Dubost wrote:

> I'm talking for example about this kind of constructs where link or meta
> are outside of head element

Yes, we've seen this, too, which is why all of the examples no longer
use LINK and META outside of the HEAD.

Basically, we're working on having all of RDFa implementable using only
extra attributes, since such extra attributes are supposed to be ignored
by browser, as per the HTML spec, and in fact other tools (the Dojo
toolkit) use custom attributes already and the browsers don't mind.

Which brings up an important topic: validation. It would be good if we
started a discussion on how it might be possible to extend HTML with
extra attributes (and possibly elements, although we can start with
attributes for now). This discussion must involve the validation team,
since the biggest issue for RDFa is that: it breaks nothing in existing
browsers, but it breaks the validator. How do we bridge that gap? How do
we allow for valid HTML extensions without having to push out a new HTML
recommendation?

RDFa is, for the most part, a simple proposal. The process of getting it
to validate is far too complicated by comparison.

-Ben