W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > February 2007

[RDFa] meeting record: 2007-02-12 RDF-in-XHTML telecon

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:17:45 +0100
To: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.tnm53volsmjzpq@acer3010.wlan.cwi.nl>

In Technicolor(tm):
   http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html

In Technimonochrome:

                                - DRAFT -

                  RDFa Taskforce weekly teleconference

12 Feb 2007

    [2]Agenda

       [2]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Feb/0042

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Ben_Adida, wing, mhausenblas, Steven, Ralph, EliasT, MarkB_

    Chair
           Ben

    Scribe
           MarkB_, Steven

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Action item list
          2. [6]XHTML 1.1 Module Status
          3. [7]Test Case Update
          4. [8]Next call
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Michael to prepare RDF/XML - RDFa comparison wiki page
    [recorded in
    [41]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action09]
    [NEW] ACTION: Ralph to check if the test suite can be hosted at the
    W3C--is Tomcat available? [recorded in
    [42]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all mime
    type, etc. [recorded in
    [43]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action07]

    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben start a list of RDF/XML features that are not
    supported by RDFa [recorded in
    [44]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to contemplate about the Dev Track [recorded
    in [45]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html#action01]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case
    [recorded in
    [46]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule on wiki to aim for
    last call on June 1 [recorded in
    [47]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action05]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM
    [recorded in
    [48]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action12]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of
    n-ary relations from IPTC documents [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action13]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Mark produce RDFa XHTML 1.1 module and spec
    [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action14]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Mark to put M12N schema up somewhere, and tell us
    where [recorded in
    [51]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action06]
    [PENDING] ACTION: Michael continue work on the FAQ template that
    Elias started [recorded in
    [52]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action15]

      [45] http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html#action01

    [DONE] ACTION: Ben to get in contact with flickr w.r.t. machine tags
    [recorded in
    [53]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action02]
    [DONE] ACTION: Ben to write down the relation between GRDDL and RDFa
    [recorded in
    [54]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action11]
    [DONE] ACTION: Michael produce a GUI sketch of a test interface for
    12-Feb meeting [recorded in
    [55]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action03]
    [DONE] ACTION: Michael transfer issue data to SWD tracker [recorded
    in [56]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action16]

==

    <Steven> RESOLUTION: Take the call to irc channel #rdfa next week

    <RalphS> RESOLVED: telecon name, code, and irc channel will be RDFA
    starting next week

    <Steven> RESOLUTION: Change the zakim code to rdfa (7332)

    <RalphS> Previous: 2007-02-05
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html

    <EliasT> Scribe: MarkB_

    All welcomed Wing on board, and he told us a little about his work
    with RDFa at IBM.

    Ben: Any other items apart from those in the agenda?

    Michael: There has been discussion on list about using RDFa, or eRDF
    within XHTML.

    Ben: Would like to get 'the module' finished and then take it from
    there.

Action item list

    <benadida> action item review:
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html#ActionSummary

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html#ActionSummary

    Ben continues to contemplate the Dev Track, and in particular is
    looking at the RDFa clipboard use-case.

    <benadida> ACTION: Ben to contemplate about the Dev Track [recorded
    in [12]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html#action01]
    [CONTINUES]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html#action01

    <scribe> ACTION: Ben to get in contact with flickr w.r.t. machine
    tags [DONE] [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action02]

    CC are already in touch with Flickr, and there is discussion of
    using RDFa in their pages.

    <RalphS> YAY! to CC on Flickr

    <scribe> ACTION: Michael produce a GUI sketch of a test interface
    for 12-Feb meeting [DONE] [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action03]

    <mhausenblas_> [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/

    Michael: Not sure if W3C could host this. Is Tomcat available?

    Ralph: I think Tomcat is available...will check.

    <scribe> ACTION: Ralph to check if the test suite can be hosted at
    the W3C--is Tomcat available? [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action04]

    <scribe> ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule on wiki to aim for last
    call on June 1 [CONTINUES] [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action05]

    <scribe> ACTION: Mark to put M12N schema up somewhere, and tell us
    where [CONTINUES] [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action06]

    <scribe> ACTION: Steven to put together sample XHTML2 doc with all
    mime type, etc. [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action07]

    Ben: Should this be removed?

    Steven: Don't mind. Do you want it prioritised?

    Ben: Could leave it there, but shortly we'll need an XHTML 1.1+RDFa
    document, which will become higher priority.

    <scribe> --continues

    <scribe> ACTION: Ben start a list of RDF/XML features that are not
    supported by RDFa [CONTINUES] [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action08]

    Ben: I'm not an RDF/XML expert.

    Michael: I'll help.

    <benadida> ACTION: Michael to prepare RDF/XML - RDFa comparison wiki
    page [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action09]

    <mhausenblas_>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaTerminology

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaTerminology

    <scribe> ACTION: Ben to look into Science Commons use case
    [CONTINUES] [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action10]

    Ben: Coming together. Looking like there might be a scientific
    publication scenario; "this paper talks about these genes", etc.,
    ...
    ... rather than just "this paper was published on".

    <mhausenblas_> [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaGRDDL

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaGRDDL

    <RalphS> [25]Relationship between RDFa and GRDDL [Ben 2007-02-06]

      [25]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Feb/0019.html

    <scribe> ACTION: Ben to write down the relation between GRDDL and
    RDFa [DONE] [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action11]

    <scribe> ACTION: Elias to send email to list with use case from IBM
    [CONTINUES] [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action12]

    Elias: Need to check whether I'll still be involved in the product
    in question, but should be resolved soon.

    <scribe> ACTION: Mark produce more examples of applicability of
    n-ary relations from IPTC documents [CONTINUES] [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action13]

    <scribe> ACTION: Mark produce RDFa XHTML 1.1 module and spec
    [CONTINUES] [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action14]

    <scribe> ACTION: Michael continue work on the FAQ template that
    Elias started [CONTINUES] [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action15]

    Michael: I hope that Elias didn't mind that I took that action on
    during his absence.

    Elias: Has it been moved to the wiki?

    Michael: No. I proposed that it should be moved, but seems to make
    sense to leave it on the esw wiki.

    <scribe> ACTION: Michael transfer issue data to SWD tracker [DONE]
    [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/12-htmltf-minutes.html#action16]

    <mhausenblas_> [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/13

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/13

XHTML 1.1 Module Status

    [33]http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/2007/WD-xhtml-modularization-2007
    0209/

      [33]  
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/2007/WD-xhtml-modularization-20070209/

    <benadida> MarkB: first needed an update to the modularization spec,
    pointed to here (but not public)

    [34]http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/2007/WD-xhtml11-20070208/

      [34] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/2007/WD-xhtml11-20070208/

    <benadida> ... then we needed XHTML 1.1 using modularization, which
    just came out.

    <benadida> .

    <benadida> ... now we need to create the RDFa module based on these
    updated specs

    <benadida> ... still missing from Shane the draft specs of the
    module itself

    <benadida> ... schemas to be posted on Wednesday

    <benadida> ... email to SWD mailing list talks about DTDs

    <benadida> ... we may get help from Shane on that front

    <benadida> Ralph: expected schedule for these drafts?

    <benadida> Steven: within a week to request pub as WD

    <mhausenblas_> from WD to REC directly ?

    <benadida> ... nothing has changed except typos and addition of
    schemas. Go to PER, no normative changes.

    <benadida> MarkB: RDFa module that Shane is doing at the moment
    should only need to reference the modularization spec, the one that
    will move very quickly.

    <benadida> ... the second spec is only useful as a template for
    linking, not as a reference.

    <benadida> ... the most important thing is not XHTML1.1 + RDFa, it's
    just the RDFa bit.

    <benadida> ... delay because this is first example of a module that
    uses the modularization spec

    <benadida> ... and external module

    Mark: Did anyone have any comments on the point about DTDs?

    Steven: It is a wonder that DTDs can even get close to what we want.
    ... (Based mainly on wizardry from Murray Altheim and his amazing
    DTD skills.)

    Ben: Is this some problem with IE?

    Steven: No, it's to do with validation by those that only use DTDs.

    <mhausenblas_> might be a dumb question, but isn XHTML (note: X)
    defined in terms of XML-Schema?

    Ben: So is there a hurry?

    Steven: No..it's only if someone says that they *must* validate
    using DTDs.
    ... Should flag up that the DOCTYPE switch is often used in
    documents to set standards compliant mode.

    <RalphS> Mark: was the request in mail an expression of a
    requirement for DTD validation?

    <RalphS> Ben: not sure if it was meant as a requirement

    Mark: But need to establish whether the request on the list is a
    *must* for DTDs, or were they simply asking for validation.

    <RalphS> Ben: ... or merely a request, so that W3C validators can
    work

    Michael: Should answer Simone.

    Ben: We will.

    <RalphS> [35]an XHTML Module for RDFa Simone Onofri [12]

      [35]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Feb/0049.html
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2007/02/05-htmltf-minutes.html#action01

    <wing> [36]http://code.wingerz.com/rdfatests/

      [36] http://code.wingerz.com/rdfatests/

    <wing> [37]http://code.wingerz.com/rdfatests/coverage.txt

      [37] http://code.wingerz.com/rdfatests/coverage.txt

Test Case Update

    Wing: Explained what they had done with the test-suite.

    <RalphS> kudos to Wing for test case work!

    <mhausenblas_> [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaTestsuite

      [38] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaTestsuite

    <RalphS> kudos to Wing and Michael for test case work!

    Michael: Will continue to extend what's in the wiki page.

    <mhausenblas_>
    [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007F
    eb/0027.html

      [39]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Feb/0027.html

    Michael: Would like some feedback on my posts in the list. True that
    we want to keep it simple, but we do want to get it correct.

    Steven: Regarding section 2.2.2, about what needs to conform; is
    that not the same question about what it is that we're testing?
    ... My feeling is that we're testing the spec.

    <mhausenblas_> [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/

      [40] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/

    Michael: This looks at whether a REST-based extra service is
    conformant to the specification.

    Steven: Should say that this tests the specification, and not some
    implementation.

    Ben: Not sure exactly what this means.

    Steven: If there is some constraint in the spec then it must be
    reflected in the test-suite.
    ... Need two implementations, to prove that it was implementable.

    <RalphS> [I agree with Steven's characterization of testing]

    <Steven> Scribe: Steven

    Ben: Isn't this a human thing?

    Steven: No, it relates to W3C process where you have to show the
    spec is implementable, and consistent

    <mhausenblas_> see link above

Next call

    Ben: Next Monday is a public holiday in the USA (Steven Pemberton's
    Birthday official celebration)

    Ben: so I propose we postpone next week's call

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________
Received on Monday, 12 February 2007 15:18:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:15:03 GMT